Monday 24 November 2008

Is Podcasting on the decline?

How often do you listen to a podcast these days? I remember when I got my very first iPod, podcasting was the rage, with the hype surrounding podcasting almost as popular as the impact the ipod had on modern life. For instance, would you ever imagine having white shoes or glasses before the first iPod came out?

With the modern world becoming more and more interconnected and smaller, podcasting, to me, seems to be dying out. I remember waiting with much anticipation for the next episode of my favourite podcasts to come out. Nowadays, a week sems an eternity doesn't it?

As the world becomes a steadily smaller place, are we better off that we are now so interconnected? Or are we becoming more isolated from our real friends because we spend hours and hours each and every day staring at a computer screen typing away our thoughts (ah, just like me...)

2 comments:

  1. I'd have to say yes, at least the way we envisioned it in the 2005 time period. Then, we figured independent voices would take over and we'd have no end of great content created by independent producers.

    Now, at least on iTunes, the lion's share of content is produced by professional companies, and it's usually just repurposed radio broadcasts or advertising for a video program.

    Decline? Yes as far as fads go. No, as far as potential business communications property goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,

    Many thanks for your comment. I've been reading through your blog trying to get my head around ways to increase my blogger footprint and followers. Would be great to have you on the list!

    Thanks again,

    James

    ReplyDelete