Friday 27 February 2009

Twitter 101

Just what is the point of Twitter? How do you use it?

To let the world know you are enjoying a chocolate biscuit OR have discovered the cure for cancer?

There are so many professionals and celebrities out there who have tens, if not hundreds of thousands of followers but is the point to have loads of followers or giving them something interesting to read?

Here's the definitive explanation of what Twitter is according to Ask.com

Twitter is a mini-blogging platform that you can use to send messages of 140 characters or less to friends, family or just about anybody with a web connection. You can also chose to follow other Twitter members as well as having the facility to message them directly.

I think the point is that Twitter can be different things to different people. There are serious discussions I've seen out in the world about the power that Twitter has for businesses but really - how much can you fit into 140 characters?

That said, I'm off for a cup of tea and a biscuit now as I'm hungry but here's a short clip on the basics of Twitter I came across.




1 comment:

  1. I joined Twitter as an attempt to understand it, and I. Just. Don't. Understand. Who needs to know what I'm doing any minute of the day? And is there anyone interesting enough for me to follow? Answers: no one and no.

    ReplyDelete